You'll find a complete range of ISO pumps, equipment and solutions available from your local Irrigear® Independent Experts.
What is an ISO pump?
ISO pumps are an industrial grade pump that has been tested against global ISO requirements for performance, reliability, serviceability, longevity and safety– to be given an ISO rating. They can come in a range of formats and sizes, from simple water transfer, waste water management, abrasive materials, chemical pumping and mining applications. There are different ISO ratings to suit different needs, so please speak to your local Irrigear expert if you are unsure about which ISO pumping solution is right for you.
ISO ratings address the needs of industry for a range of single-stage end-suction centrifugal pumps. Dimensions include overall height and length of the pump, specifies some performance characteristics and includes a number of service and maintenance features.
What are the differences between ISO ratings?
For industrial and chemical pumps, the two most common ISO ratings are as follows:
- ISO 5199 covers the technical specifications for Class II centrifugal pumps of single stage, multi-stage, horizontal or vertical construction, with any drive and any installation for general application. Pumps used in the chemical process industries (e.g. those conforming to ISO 2858) are typical of those covered by this standard.
- ISO 2858 specifies the principal dimensions and nominal duty point of end suction centrifugal pumps having a maximum operating rating of 16 bar.
What are the common industries and applications for ISO pumps?
The most common uses for ISO pumps include: larger scale irrigation; the petrochemical industry; chemical manufacturing; industries producing wastewater in manufacturing (such as textiles, agriculture, paper or food manufacture); mining; as an auxiliary pump in power plants; water treatment and waste management. There are an infinite number of uses for ISO pumps as they are highly efficient, deliver high performance and are manufactured to a high quality.
- Larger scale irrigation,
- Petrochemical industry,
- Chemical manufacturing,
- Industries producing wastewater in manufacturing,
- Power plants,
- Water treatment,
- Waste management.
Which ISO pumps are available at Irrigear?
There are lots of different options available, and there is variability in type, size, quality, output and specifications. Your local Irrigear expert is more than happy to help you navigate the category, taking into account your individual needs.
Irrigear Independent Experts.
With Australia's largest network of owner-operated stores, at your local Irrigear you'll find in-depth knowledge of local conditions and the expertise you need across all areas of water and fluid management – backed by brands and products you know and all important on-ground service and support.
Advice. Products. Solutions. Australia-wide. Locally source ISO pumps, products and solutions from the leaders in pumping, irrigation, filtration, water and fluid management — Irrigear® Independent Experts.
- What is an ISO pump?
- What are the differences between ISO ratings?
- What are the common industries and applications for ISO pumps?
- Which ISO pumps are available at Irrigear?
At your local Irrigear Independent Experts you'll find access to some of Australia's leading ISO pumping solutions, designed and proven for Australian environmental conditions:
- APT Water
- Brown Brothers Engineers (BBEA)
- DAB Water Technology
- Franklin Electric
- Pentair Onga (Jung Pumpen, Southern Cross)
- WBS Pumps
If you're thinking about how an ISO pumping solution might fit into your next water management project, make Irrigear the place to find the best advice, know-how and product availability in Australia.
Irrigear Independent Experts – local expertise backed by the best brands and products available in the industry.
- Product, System Recommendation & Supply
- Parts & Equipment
- Testing & Maintenance
Find an Irrigear® store near you