Engine Drive Pumps
You'll find a complete range of engine drive pumps, equipment and solutions available from your local Irrigear® Independent Experts.
What is an engine drive pump?
As the name suggests, an engine drive pump is powered by an external engine using fuel (either diesel or petrol) and is often portable for use in applications such as fighting fires, or in industries where pumping locations may vary based on project requirements. They are a great option when access to mains power may not be available.
Which type of engine drive pump best suits my needs?
Every situation is different, and your local Irrigear expert can assist with selecting the right pump specifically for your needs, However, there are a few guidelines to help you navigate the wide range of pumps available:
- Ultralite pumps for easy mobility and smaller pumping needs;
- High flow / gushing pumps, very useful for high volume water transfer;
- Single impeller – medium flow, medium pressure pumps for fire fighting and general use;
- Twin impeller – less flow, higher pressure for firefighting or high head/pressure applications;
- Roll cages are often a good idea for a firefighter – stops the pump rolling around on the back of a ute;
- Larger diesel pump sets – for larger irrigation projects;
- Pumps with either an electric start or easy pull / recoil start.
How often do I need to service my engine drive pump?
As engine drive pumps are often needed in an emergency, it is critical that they are kept ready to use at any time. Ideally, an engine driven pump should be serviced every 1-2 years, replacing some critical components such as seals and impellers, spark plugs, filters and oil. It is also important to use good quality fuel. Your local Irrigear expert is able to advise about which components are most at risk, and to make sure that your engine drive pump is running reliably.
How much does a engine pump cost?
There are lots of different options available, and there is variability in type, size, quality, output and specifications. Your local Irrigear expert is more than happy to help you navigate the category, taking into account your individual needs for water, budget and longevity.
Irrigear Independent Experts.
With Australia's largest network of owner-operated stores, at your local Irrigear you'll find in-depth knowledge of local conditions and the expertise you need across all areas of water and fluid management – backed by brands and products you know and all important on-ground service and support.
Advice. Products. Solutions. Australia-wide. Locally source engine drive pumps, products and solutions from the leaders in pumping, irrigation, filtration, water and fluid management — Irrigear® Independent Experts.
- What is an engine drive pump?
- Which types of engine drive pump best suits my need?
- How often do I need to service my engine drive pump?
- How much does an engine drive pump cost?
At your local Irrigear Independent Experts you'll find access to some of Australia's leading solar pumping solutions, designed and proven for Australian environmental conditions:
- APT Water
- Bianco Vulcan
- Brown Brothers Engineers (BBEA)
- DAB Water Technology
- Davey Water
- Franklin Electric
- Orange Pumps
- WBS Pumps
If you're thinking about how an Engine Drive Pumping solution might fit into your next water management project, make Irrigear the place to find the best advice, know-how and product availability in Australia.
Irrigear Independent Experts – local expertise backed by the best brands and products available in the industry.
- Product, System Recommendation & Supply
- Parts & Equipment
- Testing & Maintenance
Find an Irrigear® store near you