Komet Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinklers
Komet Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinklers for Travellers, Pivots and Solid-Set Irrigation are available from your local Irrigear Independent Experts.
Large Volume Sprinkler Irrigation
Large Volume sprinklers are the perfect choice for irrigation scenarios that require a higher flow rate, wider spray area and / or a high degree of flexibility. For example, large volume irrigation sprinklers are frequently chosen for the irrigation of open fields (including pastures) or crops grown on large acreages – such as sugar cane, alfalfa, potatoes, corn or pasture grasses. With the appropriate risers, irrigation sprinklers can even be used to irrigate tall-growing crops such as vineyards or orchard trees. Due to the large areas covered by these sprinklers, the number of sprinklers and pipes required per unit area is lower compared to other irrigation system configurations. Large volume sprinklers are also an excellent solution for fields with irregularly shaped boundaries, or land containing physical obstructions (such as trees, roads or streams), as the water can be directed exactly where it is needed. This means that an irrigation system comprising large volume sprinklers is suitable for fields of almost any layout or shape. Of course, large volume sprinklers can also be added to the end of the pipe of an existing centre pivot irrigation system in order to expand the irrigated crop area.
Komet’s Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinkler Line
With its Komet Twin Ultra long distance sprinkler line, Komet is offering a series of next-generation large volume sprinklers, which is distinguished by five major advantages:
1. Uniform Distribution is one of the most important factors in any form of mechanised irrigation, as it ensures that the crop grows evenly throughout the entire cultivated area.
2. The Throw Radius of a long distance sprinkler determines the size of the irrigated area – the Komet Twin Ultra models are equipped with strategically positioned straightening vanes inside their extra-large barrel. This allows the water to reach the nozzle with the least possible turbulences and pressure losses.
3. Energy Efficiency is yet another highly sought-after commodity in the world of mechanized irrigation. The operating costs of any mechanised irrigation system are largely determined by the respective inlet pressure. Consequently, finding a way to limit the irrigation system’s operating pressure is among the most obvious ways to increase the irrigation system’s efficiency.
4. Reliability In agricultural irrigation, there is little margin for error, as even the slightest fall-off in the irrigation system’s performance can have a profound impact on anything from energy costs and water use to soil integrity, crop health and productivity. This is why the reliability of the installed irrigation equipment is of utmost importance.
5. Adaptability Another advantage of Komet’s large volume sprinkler line is its flexibility. This is perfectly exemplified by the Vari Angle system – an optional solution compatible with all Komet Twin Ultra long distance sprinkler models, which makes it possible to manually adjust the long distance sprinkler’s trajectory angle anywhere between 15 and 45 degrees without any flow restrictions – depending on environmental conditions and water application requirements.
Advice. Products. Solutions. Australia-wide. Locally source and buy Komet Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinklers and other great solutions from HR Products from the leaders in pumping, irrigation, filtration, water and fluid management – Irrigear® Independent Experts.
Komet Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinklers are the ideal choice for:
- Travellers (whereby the large volume sprinkler is mounted to a wheeled sprinkler cart)
- End sprinklers on centre pivot systems
- Solid sets (whereby the irrigation sprinklers are installed on posts in a grid pattern)
- Sports and turf irrigation
- Dust control
- Industrial wastewater
- Mining applications
While centre pivot irrigation systems are considered a very popular sprinkler irrigation system on the market, there are circumstances in which they are not practicable. Depending on the challenges of a specific crop or field, there are scenarios in which a set-up consisting entirely of large volume sprinklers – either in the form of a portable or permanent arrangement – are ultimately the better option.
For example, crops that have a higher watering requirement may benefit from high-volume irrigation. Because of their combination of long throw diameters, high water application rates, and minimal labour requirements, high-volume irrigation sprinklers are often chosen for open fields or crops grown on large acreages – such as cane sugar, alfalfa, potatoes, corn or pasture grasses.
Komet’s product range of large volume irrigation sprinklers – the Komet Twin 101 Ultra line – can be installed on:
• Travellers (whereby the large volume sprinkler is mounted to a wheeled sprinkler cart)
• End sprinklers on centre pivot systems
• Solid sets (whereby the irrigation sprinklers are installed on posts in a grid pattern
Large Volume Sprinklers are also a popular choice for:
• Sports and turf irrigation
• Dust control
• Industrial wastewater
• Mining applications
With the appropriate risers, large volume irrigation sprinklers can even be used to irrigate tall-growing crops such as vineyards or orchard trees.
One of the main constraints of large volume sprinkler irrigation is the susceptibility to wind drift, which can interfere with distribution uniformity and the efficiency of water application. In wind speeds of over 16 kph, using lower trajectory angles will ensure a more uniform coverage. The Komet Vari Angle – an accessory compatible with all models of the Komet Twin Ultra range – enables growers to adjust the sprinkler’s trajectory angle anywhere between 15 and 45 degrees without any flow restrictions. As a result, the angle of a Komet Twin Ultra large volume irrigation sprinkler can always be fine-tuned to match the given environmental conditions and application requirements. Installing large volume sprinklers at the outermost spans of a mechanized irrigation system is a simple but effective way to significantly increase the wetted area and, consequently, increase the volume of the final yield.
Quality Irrigation Equipment.
HR Products manufactures, imports and distributes quality automatic irrigation equipment for agricultural, golf course, sports turf, landscape and home watering systems throughout Australia.
Established in 1979 as part of Little Moreton Pty Ltd in Perth, Western Australia, the business has grown into one of Australia’s largest wholesale irrigation distributors with an extensive dealer network across the country.
In 2023, the business was acquired by Valmont Industries, Inc. expanding the company’s geographic footprint and growing its parts presence in a key agriculture market.
With offices in Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, HR Products has built a reputation as a leading wholesale supplier to retail irrigation, hardware, plumbing and rural stores.
HR Products' team of irrigation professionals are dedicated to ensure that you have the best products and service to make sure you get the best information for project requirements.
National Information Centre –
HR Products Western Australia:
Talk to your local Irrigear® Independent Experts for more information about the range of Komet Twin Ultra Large Volume Sprinklers and other great solutions from HR Products that can help solve your water management needs.
1300 477 443
Find an Irrigear® store near you